Sunday 30 June 2013

Goodbye to June 2013

It's been a busy month for me, I conducted a PADI IDC on Koh Samui and went to Koh Tao for a PADI IE with my candidate and besides work, I also managed to run in 4 races, including the Cancer Care run, a 5km race in Nathon, a 10km race in Don Sak, the Laguna Phuket half marathon and my first ever full marathon in Lan Saka.

Choengmon Beach

Choengmon Beach, our family's fave beach on Samui

Let's check the weather out though, we had a fairly wet June but if we compare to the mainland, we were very lucky. Around Samui were mainly cloudy days with at times some strong to very strong wind but we didn't have any flooding like on the mainland.
The last week of June turned out to be very nice again with plenty of sunshine and hot days but in general I would say that this June was not as good as the average June we enjoy on the island.

We also had some good food again, as usual I would almost say and one new place springs to mind, Fi, the Greek restaurant in Chaweng and some nice cake at Blue Vanilla in Fisherman's Village. In Lan Saka we had also some very food again at the Ruan Maai Sai Klong restaurant.

9th Lan Saka marathon finish

Crossing the finish line at the 9th Lan Saka marathon

Now it's time to look forward to July, not so good for work next month but it paves the way for more races to run, including a half marathon and two 13km races in and near Surat Thani.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: