Saturday 7 July 2012

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 7th July, 2012

Today's weather;

The sky is breaking open over Koh Samui whilst I'm writing this. It looks like a partly overcast but warm day with plenty of sunshine for the sun lovers among us. Current temp at 7am is 25.7C

We're off to Surat Thani later this afternoon. Tomorrow morning I will participate in a 13,4km run in Phun Phin , the little village outside of Surat Thani where the railway station is located. Next weekend the Pattaya marathon is on the menu, where I will participate in the half marathon.

Bophud beach yesterday around noon in front of the Bandara Resort, the sand was so hot it burned my soles

Yesterday turned sunny fairly early although there were clouds in the sky all day long as well. It was hot though! Around 5pm it started to rain though, first a 20 minute long tropical storm shower and afterwards an extended drizzle for a few hours. This morning everything was still wet from last nights rain. Max temp reached 33.3C

The forecast shows a change in it's prediction, the wind is not going to die down after all until Friday 13th July and occasional rain showers can be expected.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Camille! It's really a pleasure to follow your blog. We come to Samui 17th July where we will be staying close to Choeng Mon Beach with our two children. We are happy that your descriptions of the weather sounds much better than the other prognosis we get from our local media here in Scandinavia where they have shown steady rain in the last 10 days on Samui. Since both my husband and I are runners, it is also very interesting to follow your updates on different races and we hope to find some nice routes we can run when we come to the island.
Good luck with the half marathon next weekend!

Camille said...

Hu Ulrikke,

Good to hear from you. I hope you will enjoy your stay on Samui. All my Samui runs (training) runs are in the Choengmon area, I live very nearby. The beach there itself is also nice for running.

Enjoy and thanks for the heads up for next week, first I need to tackle a 13km run tomorrow morning!

Mpak604 said...

Hi Camille,

I love following your blog. My wife and I are planning to come to koh Samui on July 14 for our honey moon. Hope the weather stays hot and dry.

Camille said...

Hi Mpak604,

From the 14th onward the weather is on the up again. Hope you enjoy your stay.